Monday, January 23, 2012

My thoughts of Frankenstein

I have never read Frankenstein although I have considered after watched the movie. From what I have heard about the book a scientist came up with the idea to create life and achieved his goal. The body that inhabited the life he created was not accepted in the world in which the docter lived and soon the "monster" was destroyed because it was different. Dr. Frankenstein was in a position where he wanted to protect his creation but he could not.

When I found out that a woman at the age of nineteen wrote this story I though go women defying the rules before rule defying was cool. My second thought was that she had to get in touch with her inner man to be able to write the book from a mans prospective and him not sound like a girly man. Shelly did her part very well and I dont thing any body else would be able to capture the readers attention quiete like she does.

Man creating life is something that I believe can be done with today's technology, but I do not think they have the right to. If somebody does what will they expect people's reactions to be when they meet the person. Will the reactions mirror those that were in the book with the sharpened pitched forks and the torches or will the reactions be accepting. Today's people might be able to accept somethings but we are still discriminating others based on their look, languages, and religions. I do not thing that people would be able to handle some life that was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment